Boxing is one of the most popular sports around the world. It has been around for decades, and people from all walks of life are known to enjoy it just as much as any other sport. The greatest boxers in history are admired for their fighting skills, determination, and discipline – but who are the best? This blog will look into some of the most famous boxers in history to discover who is the best boxer of all time?
The Best Boxers In History
There are a lot of great boxers in history, but who is the best? This is a tough question to answer, but we’ve compiled a list of the greatest boxers of all time.
1. Muhammad Ali: Undoubtedly one of the greatest boxers of all time, Muhammad Ali was a true pioneer in the sport. He was the first black heavyweight champion and is widely considered to be one of the most influential athletes in history. His career spanned three decades and he fought some of the biggest names in boxing, including George Foreman, Joe Frazier, and Sonny Liston.
2. Sugar Ray Robinson: Sugar Ray Robinson is often considered to be the greatest boxer of all time. He was an incredibly skilled fighter with lightning speed and power. He held the world welterweight title for five years and retired with a record of 175-19-6.
3. Mike Tyson: Mike Tyson was one of the most feared boxers in history. He became the youngest heavyweight champion at just 20 years old and went on to dominate the heavyweight division for years. His career was plagued by controversy, but there’s no denying his talent as a boxer.
Ranking of the best boxers in history
1. Muhammad Ali
2. Sugar Ray Robinson
3. Roberto Duran
4. Manny Pacquiao
5. Floyd Mayweather Jr.
Number 1: Muhammad Ali
There can be little doubt that Muhammad Ali is one of the greatest boxers in history. He was a three-time world heavyweight champion and held the title for almost a decade. He was also a highly skilled boxer, with lightning-fast reflexes and a powerful punch.
Ali was born in Louisville, Kentucky, in 1942. He began boxing when he was just 12 years old and soon developed into a top amateur boxer. He turned professional in 1960 and won his first world heavyweight title in 1964 when he defeated Sonny Liston.
Ali went on to win the world heavyweight title two more times, defeating George Foreman in 1974 and Leon Spinks in 1978. He retired from boxing in 1981, but made a brief comeback in 1986 before finally retiring for good.
During his career, Ali fought some of the biggest names in boxing, including Joe Frazier, GeorgeForeman, Ken Norton, and Larry Holmes. He also had famous rivalries with Frazier and Foreman. His fights were often highly anticipated events and were watched by millions of people around the world.
Ali was more than just a great boxer; he was also a larger-than-life personality. He was known for his trash-talking
Number 2: Sugar Ray Robinson
1. Sugar Ray Robinson- Undoubtedly the greatest boxer of all time, Sugar Ray Robinson was a five-division world champion who held the world welterweight title for five years. He is considered to be one of the best pound-for-pound fighters in history.
2. Muhammad Ali- A three-time world heavyweight champion, Muhammad Ali was one of the most recognizable figures in the world. He was known for his speed, agility, and power.
3. Mike Tyson- A former heavyweight champion, Mike Tyson was known for his ferociousness inside the ring. He had a record of 50 wins and 44 knockouts.
4. Manny Pacquiao- A Filipino boxer who is currently the only eight-division world champion, Manny Pacquiao is considered to be one of the greatest boxers of all time. He is known for his speed and punching power.
5. Oscar De La Hoya- A former world champion boxer, Oscar De La Hoya is considered to be one of the richest athletes in history. He has a record of 39 wins and 26 knockouts.
Number 3: Floyd Mayweather Jr.
When it comes to boxing, there is no denying that Floyd Mayweather Jr is one of the greatest of all time. He has a perfect professional record of 50-0, and he has wins over some of the biggest names in the sport.
Mayweather Jr is known for his defensive skills, and he is very difficult to hit. He also has great counter-punching ability, and he is very accurate with his punches. Mayweather Jr is also a very experienced boxer, and he has fought in some big fights.
Some people consider Mayweather Jr to be the greatest boxer of all time. He has certainly had a great career, and he has beaten some great fighters. However, there are other boxers who have also had great careers, and it is up to each person to decide who they think is the greatest of all time.
Number 4: Vitali Klitschko
Vitali Klitschko is a Ukrainian former professional boxer who competed from 1996 to 2013. He held the world heavyweight championship twice, first winning it in 1999 and then regaining it in 2005. He retired in 2013 with a record of 45 wins and 2 losses.
Klitschko was known for his strong jaw and ability to take punches without being knocked out. He lost only two fights in his career, both by decision. Klitschko was also known for his humanitarian work, and he was active in supporting the rights of Ukrainian minorities.
In 2011, Klitschko was named by The Ring magazine as the second-best heavyweight boxer of all time, behind only Muhammad Ali. In 2014, he was inducted into the International Boxing Hall of Fame.
Number 5: Roy Jones Jr.
Jones was born in Pensacola, Florida, in 1969. He started boxing at the age of six, and by the time he was just 12 years old, he had won his first Golden Gloves championship.
Jones turned pro in 1989, and he quickly rose to the top of the boxing world. He won his first world title in 1993, becoming the WBA light heavyweight champion. He would go on to win titles in the middleweight, super middleweight, and heavyweight divisions.
In 2003, Jones was voted by The Ring magazine as the greatest pound-for-pound fighter in the world. And in 2015, he was inducted into the International Boxing Hall of Fame.
There’s no question that Roy Jones Jr is one of the greatest boxers of all time. His accomplishments in the ring speak for themselves.
There you have it, the best boxers in history according to us. This list was compiled based on a number of factors including boxing skill, technique, achievements, and popularity. We know that there are many great boxers out there who didn’t make this list, but we hope that this will give you a good starting point in your exploration of the sport’s greatest athletes.